Our Ministry Philosophy
The Plum Grove Baptist Church is a Family of Biblically empowered Christians, committed to Worship, Discipleship, Spiritual Growth and Maturity, and Communal Empowerment. We firmly believe that every church member is a contributing member in time, talent, and tithes. We are committed to the
task of bringing every person in our community into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and helping all members of our church and community realize
God’s potential, purpose and plan for their life. We believe in restoring, repairing, and reviving broken and damaged lives by applying love, understanding, The Word.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is
the inerrant Word of God. We believe the Bible is relevant to every life and
situation in life. We believe it is the authoritative standard for every individual,
age, family and church.
- We believe that God created the world “ex nihilo” (out of nothing).
- We believe that salvation is found in Jesus Christ alone. John 14:6; Acts 4:12.
- We believe in the Triune God. Colossians 1:19; Colossians 2:9.
- We believe that all who confess Jesus Christ and believe that God raised Him from the dead shall be saved.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit empowers Christians for the purpose of service and endows them with spiritual gifts. Acts 1:4,5; Ephesians 4:7-13.
- We believe the Bible is the infallible, inerrant, God inspired Word of God.2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe the local church is God’s ordained and sanctioned means for Christian community, service, and worship. Acts 2:42-47; Philippians 1:1; Hebrews 10:25 .
- We believe every member of the Plum Grove Baptist Church is extremely significant. 1 Peter 2:9.
- We believe every member of our family should be a member in ministry. 1 Corinthians 12:4-10, 28-31 .
- We believe tithing is scriptural and the Biblical. 1 Corinthians 16: 1-4 .
- We believe every member should support her/his local church and family in tithes and offering. Malachi 3:10,11 .
- We believe every member should take full advantage of the benefit(s) of having a Pastor, shepherd, and soul-watchman. Jeremiah 3:15.